Invest in Our Future, Invest in Our Children
Arizona allows state income taxpayers to receive a tax credit of up to $400 ($200 for individuals) for contributions made to public schools to support extracurricular activities (A.R.S.43-1089.01). The tax credit is available to all taxpayers whether or not they have children in the public schools. The law allows subtraction of your donation from the amount of taxes you owe. The tax credit can be claimed in personal income tax returns only.
Contributions are donated directly to schools, not to the state. The funds are not subject to the revenue control limit that prevents schools from spending more than a fixed amount for programs. This increased funding will allow more children to participate in activities. You can contribute to any activity or academic program for which the school district requires a fee.
Get a Tax Credit for participating:
- It's a Dollar for Dollar subtraction from your State income tax liability. Tax Credit Form
- Participate up to $200 single or $400 married
- Helps extracurricular activities; band, choir, sports, clubs, and technology
- It either lowers the State tax you owe or increases your refund.
- You tell the state where you want your Tax dollars to go.
- You keep your State tax money in Bullhead City and Mohave Valley.
- You select the school to help.